Monday, March 16, 2009

Thoughts When No Voice

I’ve searched the whole world looking for you. I’ve loved you so much. I’ve experienced the love you have given. It’s you who has helped me release the confidence in me. But, now…..

I’ve lost my voice………………………….
May be not all, but it’s good enough to make me feel… It’s sad to not able to talk comfortably with my own original voice & even to sing properly a note… I guess I just have to rest my voice completely for the next few days.

During sound check yesterday, teacher came to me & told me not to strain my voice.
“Christina, you don’t have voice right? Later, don’t stain your voice ah.”
Actually, I didn’t plan to sing. I was just to drop by at the choir to see them since I can’t sing (what I was thinking that time). Justin persuaded me to serve as they need people for choir. Ok, ok… I’m willing to serve.

This time losing my voice is due to my sore throat & cold. It makes me want to protect my voice even more, makes me want to train myself up even more to sing well. I may not become a BV or a singer one day, but I just want to sing well with well protected vocal, right singing technique, to protect the talent that was put in me.

Suddenly, I remember something that teacher had said to me when we were talking casually during her dinner before vocal lesson.
“You dance? Why not continue to dance or take up some lesson on it?”
Yes, in my heart, I wanted to but I really don’t have the time & money for it. What I had replied teacher that time was just a console to me. Or perhaps, it was just excuses… I don’t want to have any regret in my life. I want to live it to the fullest with my talents. What should I do?

No comments: