Sunday, February 8, 2009

The 8th day after my nephew was born

现在, 我的心情是很复杂. 我很难解释为什么...

This is the 8th day after my nephew was born. Everything don't seem quite well for my sis. She's feeling pain since day 1. What she is experiencing now, I believe no one except the mothers can understand. On the same day the baby was born, she was pushed into the operation theatre to do an operation. Although the doctor said it was a minor operation, but it seemed like a big matter. She kept bleeding & was put into an observation ward after the long operation.

To make things worse, her baby is a big eater. Other babies drink 40ml of milk, he drinks 90ml! Oh gosh! What is my sis going to do? She is feeling pain too to breastfeed her baby. For such a soft spoken person like my sis, seldom see her flare up, she threw a little temper yesterday! The baby was frustrating her. She was feeling very tired & no energy already after going through so much through the whole week. She is emotionally broken down already. I even saw her crying before I left the hospital to head home. I feel sad for her, but what can she do. That's her baby. My sis is such an introvert person. She has a very bad habit. She likes to keep everything to herself, instead of sharing it out. This isn't going to help her. If she continues to be like that, she may get into a depression sooner or later. This worried all of us. Jie, press on! Even the senior nurse told her that she can't keep everything to herself, she should keep sharing everything out. If she feels pain or discomfort, she should just share it out to her husband. This will help to make her feel more comfortable psychologically. The scene of seeing her crying makes me cry too. I just can't help it but cry with her. My heart is like connected to her.

My brother-in-law tried to comfort her, joked with her, but it didn't help. But, one good thing is he is always staying with her, by her side. At least the situation won't be worser.

Giving birth is really not easy. It is a very tough job. I wonder how all the mothers did it. Easy labour or not, it depends on the mother's body condition & the baby. Giving birth is taking the mother's life to risk. Despite all that, yet it is a gift from heaven for woman to conceive. Man don't experience that. They will never understand or know how it feels. Therefore, the more they should be treating their wife better, be sensitive to them.

Jie, how are you going to go through all these? The road is still long... Just bear with it. There's nothing else you can do since you had given birth to your son. Press on, press on!
加油!

No comments: