Friday, September 12, 2008

The Precious of Life

On Tue, I attended a funeral (Nicole Lai's) with a group of choir members. We went to bless the family & Nicole by building the atmosphere. I felt it was like fulfilling Nicole's last wish as well. I heard from Annabel that Nicole actually wished to serve God in choir together with us but she couldn't due to many reasons. (May be it was her sickness & work.)

She was a popular music person, who was once Sun Yan Zi's vocal teacher and many others.
She wrote song... Hmmm... Other than this, actually I don't know much already. I think I saw her on the newspaper before. Her picture is so familiar.

During the funeral service, Annabel sang Nicole's favorite song- Amazing Grace (the chains are gone) & Nicole's daugher, Carmen sang "Vincent" as items for Nicole. It was extremely touching at that moment especially when Carmen started singing. She sang the whole song with her eyes closed thoughout. We guessed may be she didn't want any distraction, so that she could finish her mum's favorite song without her crying which will break it. She is very strong (I believe) to face all these.

After hearing what Pastor Meng shared about Nicole during the service, made me wonder what will people remember about me when I'm gone. It made me wonder have I live my life fruitful enough. Life is very precious. It isn't meant to waste.

No comments: